Thursday, November 13, 2008

I might be crazy

As I slogged through the ankle deep mud picking sodden poop out of Fritha's paddock tonight, I felt a great sense of peace and satisfaction.

Obviously there is something very wrong with me. It was cold, wet and miserable. The mud bogged the wheelbarrow down. The poop was heavy. I was happy.

As wonderful as it is to go for a long trail ride, or to have a great break through in the arena, the daily peace and joy that comes just from being at the barn, and around my horse is what sustains me.

When I was done cleaning her paddock, I gave Fritha a pat on the neck, and she gave me a shove with her nose, as if to say "Hey Human servant, enough pets, I would like my food now", and that made me happy too. Yep, I'm pretty sure I'm crazy.

No comments: